Re: What I have

Ben Bennett (fiji@ayup.limey.net)
Wed, 31 Mar 1999 07:41:53 -0500

On Sat, Mar 27, 1999 at 03:04:16PM -0800, Lit Wong wrote:
> About the obstacle course on Rokenbok's web site, I think it is for the
> dozer. I don't have the dozer, so I used my gripper (which strangely has
> tracks instead of wheels) on the course. The gripper must be too front
> heavy to go through it. It didn't go very far up.

The gripper was indeed too front heavy, but I did have better luck
going backwards rather than forwards. Also the slow button helped
immensely.

Also my gripper has tracks too (and the ones I have seen on the store
displays also have tracks).

Has anyone played with the single-person/multi-person control switch
on the bottom of the controllers? It is kinda neat.

> Have you asked Rokenbok for parts replacement? I lost the purple stopper
> thinge for the sorter, thanks to my 23-month-old son. My wife called them
> and they were kind enough to send me a free one (actually both red and blue
> ball stoppers). I also have 6 or so red blocks broken in halves. And one
> of the snap-on connectors of my conveyor was broken off. So I went to the
> web site and send them a message and see if they could send me some
> replacement parts. I hope they will send me some. But I doubt they would
> fix or give me a new conveyor. But right now it doesn't connect to other
> beams securely. It's been 4 days now but I haven't received a reply from
> them yet.

The only problem I have had with the parts are 3 of the red blocks
snapping in half. It seems that they are only glued on 2 of the 4
posts. I dunno if that is intentional but the broken ones have all
been like that. I have not bothered to ask Rokenbok for a replacement
since it looks like I can just glue them back together with crazy
glue. I am glad to hear that they replaced your stoppers.

> p.s. Do you use the Renewal rechargeable batteries? I did buy 3 more packs
> of batteries after I received the free charger.

I do, and it has saved my battery budget from spiralling out of
control.

-ben

--
 Have you checked the FAQ?